Proper inspection of your crawlspace is very important. Just like you maintain and inspect your basement, attic, roof, and gutters your crawlspace also needs the same amount of attention. If you neglect to maintain and inspect your crawlspace it can lead to multiple problems like mold symptoms inside your house.
Because there are a lot of things that can go wrong in a crawlspace it is something you want to check out and inspect often. Never enter any crawlspace without the essential PPE. Some of the things that can go wrong in a crawlspace are the following:
- Termite damage or pearls that could lead to damage
- Moisture damage
- Mold and mildew on the walls and stored items
- Pests, vermin, and other animals
- Foundation issues like crack settling and shifting
- Electrical issues and wiring
A good crawlspace inspection can identify any current problems and identify potential future problems. Upon completion of an inspection, recommendations can be made to fix any problems that are identified.